Welcome to Leixlip GAA Golf Society’s website.
Founded in 1995 by members of of St. Mary’s GAA Golf Club, Leixlip, Co. Kildare, we usually go on 9 or 10 outings a year, including one weekend away. Each month we play a different course. If you’re new to the area or fancy taking up golf please feel free to come along to one of our outings as a visitor and see what it’s all about. New members and sponsors always welcome
sat 28th March 09.45 Corballis
Sat 25th April 09.30 Elm Green
Fri 15th May 12.00 Concra Woods Weekend Away
Sat 16 th May 12.00 Mannan Castle Weekend Away
Sat 27th June 09.45 Tulfarris Captains Day
Sat 25th July 11.45 Lisheen Springs
Fri 21st August 14.30 Lucan Presidents Day
Sat 26th September 10.45 ST Margarets
Sat 24th October Kilcock Ronnie King Cup
Surname Name 2020 Andrews Pat 36(+10) Bowden Martin 33 Byrne Brian 18 Carney Padraig 21 Cronin Mick 8 Ellison Pat 20 Forde P.J. 36 Fox Billy 19 Graham Sean 34 Hannifey Brian 36(+6) Hilliard Pat 36(+1) Kernaghan Martin 33 Kirwan Pat 33 Maher Brendan 20 Masterson Eneas 22 McNamee Joe 12 McNeill Kevin 32 Melville Tom Mooney Ger 32 Mooney Richie 29 Mulligan Mick 15 Murphy Alan Murphy Eddie 18 Murphy Robbie 23 O’Connor P.J. 15 Prendergast Eddie 21 Roche John 24 Ryan Matt 15 Ryan Pat 27 Savage Gareth 10 Shinnors Diarmaid 10 Shinnors Lorcan 14 Stoker Craig 23
Last Outing Results
Prize Name Points H/Cap Winner Matt Ryan 39 15 1st Class 1 Gar Savage 35(cb) 10 1st Class 2 John Roche 32 24 1st Class 3 Ger Mooney 32 32 2s Eddie Murphy Matt Ryan Gar Savage
Match Play Competition
Singles Matchplay 2018
- Entry fee to play (€10, agreed at AGM)
- All fees collected will be used to pay for a venue for the final, a meal for the finalists and prizes.
- The H/C that applies for each round will be the Society H/C as applying for each round.
- Matches will be played in accordance with the rules of golf for singles matchplay.
- In accordance with CONGU recommendation’s the full difference between players handicaps will be allowed but the maximum handicap allowed is 28 for men.
- Matches should be played as singles matchplay separately from outings. Any matches played in conjunction with an outing will be played in Stableford format (i.e. matchplay is not allowed).
- The best total Stableford score for the round will win the match
- In the event of a tie the winner will be decided by a count back in the usual way (B9, B6 etc). If still tied the winner will be decided by the toss of a coin.
Draw: Players are drawn randomly. As there are 14 participants 2 players get a bye (1st two drawn) into the 2nd round (Quarter final) and 12 others play in a 1st round. The 1st name drawn has home advantage for that match and is obliged to make contact with his opponent. It’s both players responsibility to arrange the match. A separate draw will be made for each round. The venue for the final will be agreed by the finalists and if not will be decided by the Society Committee.
Round 1. Played by 23rd June (Killeen Castle Outing) Handicaps apply after Millicent outing (21st Apr) Round 2. Played by 21st July (Killeen Outing) Handicaps apply after Killeen Castle outing (23rd June)
(Bye to R2) Sean Graham
Sean Graham v
(Bye to R2) Eddie Prendergast
Joe McNamee or Mark Carroll
P J Forde v Billy Fox
L Shinnors or D Shinnors v
Mick Mulligan v Mick Cronin
Mick Mulligan or Mick Cronin
Ger Mooney v Brendan Maher
P J Forde or Billy Fox v
Lorcan Shinnors v Diarmaid Shinnors
Ger Mooney or Brendan Maher
Eddie Murphy v Richie Mooney
Eddie Murphy or Richie Mooney v
Joe McNamee v Mark Carroll
Semi-final. Played by 24th Aug (Hermitage) Handicaps apply after Killeen Outing
Final. Played by 22nd Sept (Naas) Handicaps apply after Hermitage outing
Joe McNamee (singles match play co-ordinator)